httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Review then commit.
Date Sun, 28 May 2000 01:34:00 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > And who says we're getting close to the end of the alpha cycle,
> > anyway?
>
> The fact that there are basically no showstoppers left in the
> STATUS file.  And when we last had a bug DB for 2.0, there were
> under 10 bugs in it.

What does that have to do with when we decide to go from alpha
to beta?  And I ask again: who made this the criterion?

> > > but IMO our alpha's need to start becoming VERY stable beasts.
> >
> > I disagree very, very strongly.
>
> Would you care to explain why

I already did.

> and maybe put some bugs in the STATUS file.

Bugs have nothing to do with my opinion.  It's a philosophy issue,
not a technical one.  I explained why I don't think stability is
important for alphas or [largely] for betas; what's your explanation
for your opinion that they must be stable, and VERY stable at that?
--
#ken    P-)}