httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject SetEnvIf* in .htaccess
Date Thu, 25 May 2000 15:28:26 GMT
A while ago I proposed loosening the restriction on SetEnvIf*
to allow it to be used in .htaccess files (PR#3000).  I think the
only response was from Manoj, wondering if there was any precedent
for allowing the setting of environment variables in .htaccess
files.

In fact there is; mod_rewrite can do it (and the rules permit it).
So.. does anyone object to my allowing the BrowserMatch/SetEnvIf*
directives to be used in .htaccess files under a FileInfo override
(OR_FILEINFO), the same as the Rewrite* directives?
--
#ken    P-)}