httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject UnsetEnv not working in 1.3 or 2.0
Date Wed, 24 May 2000 20:58:51 GMT
I have been testing and debugging mod_env recently and have run into
a problem.

SetEnv and PassEnv work fine. UnsetEnv does not work. This problem/code
is the same for both 1.3 and 2.0. The reason is as follows:
     - mod_env is the only code that understands the env_dir_config_rec
        which contains the unsetenv string.
     - mod_env must use the unsetenv string to remove env. vars from the
        environment after it is constructed.
     - when fixup_env_module is called (even if registered as AP_HOOK_LAST)
        the environment (stored in r->subprocess_env) has not been
        fully set.

What I believe should happen is that when fixup_env_module is called,
mod_env should call ap_table_unset for each of the values in the
unsetenv string. Currently this is useless since r->subprocess_env
has not been filled in yet.

Have I missed something? Is there another way that the list of unsetenv
values can be removed at a later time? Does the construction of the rest
of the environment need to happen sooner?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank,

--

Paul J. Reder

Noise proves nothing.  Often a hen who has merely laid an egg cackles
as if she laid an asteroid.
		-- Mark Twain
(An apt quote in this political season.)