httpd-dev mailing list archives

From valery brasseur <vbrass...@atos-group.com>
Subject Re: apache -NT - cifs
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 13:26:51 GMT
James Sutherland wrote:

> On Fri, 12 May 2000, valery brasseur wrote:
>
> > I have a problem trying to access files on a CIFS server (NetApp Filer)
> > with Apache NT.
> > My problem is that I got a "permission deny" ...
> > the Apache server is running as a service with a local user www. It
> > tries to access files on a CIFS server which is on another domain but
> > doesn't have (and can't have) local user acccount.
> >
> > did someone know a workaround, a solution for this ?
>
> Have you checked that user "www" has access to this share "normally" (i.e.
> via "net use" etc.)? Basically, this looks like an NT problem, not an
> Apache one, AFAICS. Try asking an NT list/newsgroup, or look up the
> relevant sections in the NT docs.
>
> James.
via a net use and so on all is OK !!! the probleme seems to be that
apache is running as a local user and try to access a ressource as this
user and this user is undefined on remote host... so may question qould
be : can I specify the user apache use to access a ressource (as in IIS
'connect as...' !!!)

--
Valery BRASSEUR                | Phone # +33 320 60 7982
Atos Branche Multimedia        | Fax   # +33 320 60 7649