httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: building on Unix this a.m.
Date Sat, 27 May 2000 17:04:17 GMT
> From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@lnd.com>
> Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 11:34:29 -0500

I think HAVE_DLERROR is appropriate.  Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and
probably many others have dlerror() already.  We roll our own
implementation of dlerror() for AIX, so we would unconditionally
enable HAVE_DLERROR on AIX because of that.

The issue on Linux is that we don't include the proper library for
dlerror() (-ldl) if we're building statically, but APR uses dlerror()
even if we're building statically.  We should just include the proper
library unconditionally.

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...