httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Costello <timcoste...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject RE: Platform Specific MPM Design Questions
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
On Thursday, 25 May 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Ok... the remaining problem is the return; from service_main,
> and it looks like we need to block there as well for the
> service to completely terminate.  If we block in service_main,
> we can idle the thread while Apache lives.

You're right - I missed that. I'm picturing something like:
    void service_main()
    {
        /* save the service name somewhere if we need it */
        SetEvent(service_sync_event);
        WaitForSingleObject(some_sync_object, INFINITE);
    }

where some_sync_object is either the handle of the primary thread for the
process, or another event that we signal after we do
SetServiceStatus(SERVICE_STOPPED).

If we can reuse http_main.c, it'll be a big win - and if we can do it using
features of the Win32 API, so much the better. Let me know if and how I can
help.

Tim