httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jeff Trawick <>
Subject Re: [PATCH] ap_xlateattr_t for passing options to ap_xlate_open()
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 21:09:39 GMT
A few minutes ago, I said

>                        I would be curious as to when you would want to
> allow new functionality to be added which would extend ap_xlateattr_t
> if the type is not opaque.  Would we have to wait for an APR version
> number (major/minor/whatever) change?  I get nervous when I have to be
> clairvoyant in order to maintain binary compatibility.

This seems pretty silly in retrospect...  we don't have to do that, do

At what point can we force apps to:

1) recompile if APR is dynamically loaded and they get a new copy (for
   Apache's benefit) which has an updated interface
2) modify source code in order to still compile with a new APR 

Jeff Trawick | | PGP public key at web site:
          Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message