httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: cleanups returning void
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 04:21:37 GMT
In message <20000520221314.A7789@io.com>, Manoj Kasichainula writes:
>On Sat, May 20, 2000 at 04:19:38PM -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> I'm not sure it is possible yet to log after the cleanups are run, since
>> the ap_run_cleanup function doesn't know anything about the function
>> that is being called.  To make it work, we would probably have to register
>> a logging function along with the cleanup.
>
>Or make it an attribute of the pool, which I think would clutter the
>code less.

That would be less cluttered, but it would mean that all error messages
for the pool would have to be the same, or at least generic to cleanups,
and wouldn't give you the option of NULL == no error message for a
specific cleanup.  I think if we were to do this, it would be best to
err on the side of flexibility.

....Roy