httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: cleanups returning void
Date Sat, 20 May 2000 23:19:38 GMT
>Because I'm not sure I was clear about m y preference, I am -1 for options
>1 & 2, and +1 for 3 or 4.  I like option 4 for the same reason Greg does,
>but we need to add some error checking and logging code.  This would
>probably be very nice, because it would mean that if there is a problem in
>executing a cleanup, it wouldn't be silent, which I think we can all agree
>is a good thing.

That's fine with me too, but it means we should remember to check and
return meaningful status in the cleanups when we find them missing.

I'm not sure it is possible yet to log after the cleanups are run, since
the ap_run_cleanup function doesn't know anything about the function
that is being called.  To make it work, we would probably have to register
a logging function along with the cleanup.

....Roy