httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject cleanups returning void
Date Sat, 20 May 2000 06:59:33 GMT
Oh yeah, this commit reminded me of what I was going to ask yesterday.

At some point all of the cleanup functions were modified to return
an ap_status_t, even though we have never had any use for returning
such a thing in a cleanup.  I would prefer that it be changed back
to returning void everywhere (like in 1.3).  I can make the changes,
but I wanted to ask first if their was a future plan for using the
return value at some point, or if this is just a leftover from the
days when it was believed that all APR functions should return ap_status_t?

....Roy