httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0 rant
Date Fri, 19 May 2000 20:57:43 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> The second point Jim is just plain wrong about.  The reason we have
> veto power over the repository is so that we can assert dictatorial
> control when to do otherwise would jeopardize the project.

Ahhhh... That's a bit different. Vetoing code is very different
from saying "I know what's best and I'll just change everything
to how I see fit." I'm not saying that's what you were saying,
but there's a diff. It would be like me saying "This autoconf
stuff is just plain wrong, and it's not turning out at all like
I hoped, so I'm just deleting it from the CVS." :)

I just used that as an example, by the way :) :)

Cheers!
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"