httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_config.c
Date Fri, 19 May 2000 21:06:27 GMT
>This was a mistake because I was talking to somebody while commiting, this
>should have had Doug's name attached to it.  Is there anyway to add it
>now?

Just for future reference, the best way to do it is to create your
own sandbox repository on locus, like the one i used to have on hyperreal
in my home directory, and copy the RCS file from the main repository
to your own.  Then edit it (using some editor that doesn't automatically
do silly things like reformat or modify tabs) and test the result on
your own repository.  Finally, make sure that the version under the
main repository hasn't changed and swap the modified file back in.
The safest way to do that is to lock the directory under cvs first,
but I don't know the command for that off-hand.

Of course, someone could probably write a perl script for appending
text to the changelog of a specific revision in an RCS file...

....Roy