httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: Lack of support for Apache and Broadvision.
Date Fri, 19 May 2000 03:13:29 GMT
Broadvision technology is three years out-of-date on all fronts,
not just their NSAPI interface.  It would be far easier and more
robust for them to implement an Apache module than it would be
for us to implement a mod_nsapi.  NSAPI itself is dog slow and
hard to replicate without a multithreaded single-process daemon,
and even if we did replicate it the result would suffer from all
of the robustness problems of Netscape.

While you are welcome to try to create a mod_nsapi module that
acts as a wrapper around NSAPI modules, I think you would be better
served by more modern application server technologies that are
based on open frameworks.

....Roy