httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/network_io/unix sockets.c
Date Wed, 17 May 2000 14:36:33 GMT
> > Since it is possible to download the BeOS 5 Personal Edition and
> > the development tools for free (ftp://ftp.be.com/pub/beos/), it
> > should be fairly easy for someone to test things under BeOS if they
> > were so inclined.
>
> I actually have a copy of BeOS at home, I just don't have a machine to
> test it on yet.  I'm working on finding a cheap machine with nothing extra
> in it, because BeOS has a big problem with a lot of standard hardware.
>
> Ryan

ditto...  I installed it and it didn't like my generic (S3 Virge)
video card (which makes it ugly with VGA16) or my network card (which
makes it unusable).  I need to try again now that I changed the
network card to something that Solaris likes.  Maybe BeOS likes it
too.

Can anybody verify that it is straightforward to build/debug Apache on
BeOS 5 Personal Edition?  Are any special instructions required?

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...