httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: ap_wait_all_procs(), recent "reliable piped logs" changes to MPMs
Date Wed, 17 May 2000 14:16:55 GMT
> Mailing-List: contact new-httpd-help@apache.org; run by ezmlm
> Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 16:48:49 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
>
> On Tue, 16 May 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > Actually, I removed the status variable all together for dexter, because
> > it wasn't necessary.  It may not be necessary for the other MPM's either,
> > I don't remember right now.  I believe the problem with returning a status
> > from wait_all_procs is that some platforms don't support that option, I'm
> > thinking Windows, but I could be wrong about that.
>
> If it doesn't support it, then it should just return APR_SUCCESS.
>
> No reason to lose information..
>
> Cheers,
> -g
>
> --
> Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Ryan... I'm happy to take care of adding in the "ap_wait_t status"
parameter to ap_wait_all_procs() and updating the current callers.
If/when anybody implements the function for a platform that doesn't
provide the information, they can use Greg's suggestion for handling
status.

Okey dokey?  (I won't mess with it if you have better ideas now or
expect to have time in the short term to research it further.)

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...