httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Where is ap_config_win32.h? Please help...
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 22:02:15 GMT
On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 02:43:07PM -0400, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> I dislike this idea.  I suggest putting all of the Windows defines in the
> ap_config.h file directly.

A seperate ap_config_win32.h allows maintaining some symmetry with the
way Unix or other autoconf-enabled platforms will handle their config.
It also makes it easier to find just the win32 #defines; telling which
OS's configuration you were editing at a glance wasn't possible in the
1.3 config.

> One of the problems that we just solved with
> my change, is that the configure code was spread across too many files,
> and it wasn't clear which files were being used.  Now, we are talking
> about adding a third file, and hiding it in src/os/win32.

I am somewhat worried about putting it in src/os/win32 as well, though
it makes a certain amount of sense. src/include/ap_config_win32.h was
what I was thinking.