httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: ap_os_is_filename_valid calls.
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 00:29:53 GMT
On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 08:06:47AM -0400, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> I think canonical_filename is very application specific and does not
> belong in APR.

Hmmm. Actually, I can see it being generally useful.

Let's take an app on the complete opposite side of the map from
Apache: say, a word processor. It needs to know the last 4 files
edited so it can present a history. Now, wouldn't it be nice if those
4 files were actually distinct? demonical_filename can be useful in
this case, too.

Any app that needs to check if two filenames are intended to point to
the same file can use this (or a variant of what we have, anyway). So
it seems that APR would be a good place for it.

MD5 on the other hand... :)