httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Havard" <bri...@kheldar.apana.org.au>
Subject PCRE build
Date Sat, 13 May 2000 08:36:12 GMT
The current CVS fails to build on OS/2 due to the addition of PCRE and I'm
trying to figure out the best way to fix it. The problems are

- The generation of libtool fails because ltconfig is given no hints the
way it is in the main apache configure ($CC $LN_S etc) and it's not smart
enough to figure out non-unix style paths.

- I need to add a linker flag (-Zexe) so that exe extensions are handled
when building dftables & the test programs.

I see a few different solutions to the first problem.

1) Avoid libtool altogether by specifying --disable-shared to pcre's
configure. I can't see how to add switches to configure when called via
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS though.

2) Make pcre use the libtool generated by apache's configure. Easily done
by changing pcre/configure.in to say
LIBTOOL=../../libtool

3) Fix the libtool generation in pcre. This would probably involve moving
the step out of the makefile and into configure so configure can supply the
appropriate hints to ltconfig.

I've implemented (2) in my tree here to get things working again but like
the idea of (1) better. Preferences/opinions/ideas anyone?