httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject FreeBSD 3.4's opinion of the current Apache 2.0 :)
Date Sun, 07 May 2000 18:02:41 GMT
/bin/sh /usr/home/trawick/apache/apache-2.0/src/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -pthread
-g -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations  -o httpd  modules.lo
buildmark.lo  modules/standard/libapachemod_env.la modules/standard/libapachemod_log_config.la
modules/standard/libapachemod_mime.la modules/standard/libapachemod_negotiation.la modules/standard/libapachemod_include.la
modules/standard/libapachemod_autoindex.la modules/standard/libapachemod_dir.la modules/standard/libapachemod_cgi.la
modules/standard/libapachemod_asis.la modules/standard/libapachemod_imap.la modules/standard/libapachemod_actions.la
modules/standard/libapachemod_userdir.la modules/standard/libapachemod_alias.la modules/standard/libapachemod_access.la
modules/standard/libapachemod_auth.la modules/standard/libapachemod_setenvif.la modules/standard/libapachemod_echo.la
 modules/mpm/mpmt_pthread/libmpmt_pthread.la  main/libmain.la  os/unix/libos.la  ap/libap.la
 lib/apr/libap!
!
!
r.a  lib/pcre/libpcre.la  lib/pcre/libpcreposix.la -lcrypt -lcrypt
/usr/lib/libc.so.3: warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
/usr/lib/libc.so.3: warning: this program uses gets(), which is unsafe.
/usr/lib/libc.so.3: WARNING!  setkey(3) not present in the system!
/usr/lib/libc.so.3: WARNING!  des_setkey(3) not present in the system!
/usr/lib/libc.so.3: WARNING!  encrypt(3) not present in the system!
/usr/lib/libc.so.3: WARNING!  des_cipher(3) not present in the system!
/usr/lib/libc.so.3: warning: this program uses f_prealloc(), which is stupid.
trawick@freebie.local:/usr/home/trawick/apache/apache-2.0/src%

I don't build on FreeBSD daily, so I'm not exactly sure when this
stuff cropped up.  I imagine that some of it was introduced with PCRE.
Hopefully I'll get a chance to look further sometime in the next week
and see what cleanups can get rid of the occurrences of "warning:" and
also see what sort of misconfiguration results in the occurrences of
"WARNING!".

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...