httpd-dev mailing list archives

From p.@sweng.stortek.com
Subject Re: Cross-compile problem
Date Fri, 05 May 2000 15:49:36 GMT
In a recent note, mccreedy@us.ibm.com said:

> Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 09:12:39 -0600
>
> I don't think there's a "fix" needed, rather cross-compiling platforms need
> to take care of their unique situation.
>
> src/helpers/GuessOS:
> This script is used to determine which OS you're on.  We changed it so that
> it would show TPF even though we were compiling on OS/390.

The second paragraph appears to contradict the first.  GuessOS should
show OS/390, and the "unique situation" of cross-compiling should be
taken care of by a command line parameter to Configure or by an
environment variable.  Of course, if you changed GuessOS locally and
not for distribution, there's no problem.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL