httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: EXTRA_CFLAGS
Date Wed, 03 May 2000 15:22:27 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> I modified hints.m4 to ADDTO CFLAGS, and I set CFLAGS=-g outside of
> configure and -U_NO_PROTO got added inside of configure.  But when APR
> was configured, -U_NO_PROTO got added again and I ended up with "-g
> -U_NO_PROTO -U_NO_PROTO" for APR.
>
> The double -U_NO_PROTO made me think there should be a different way.

Yeah, that's because the ADDTO adds it no matter what. It's likely
that with Apache'c configure performing the APR_PRELOAD, we can
remove that from APR, but instead I think the idea of EXTRA_*
has more merit.

> By the way...  mm is being built with the double -U_NO_PROTO but no
> -g, whereas APR is being build with double -U_NOPROTO + -g :)  Maybe
> mm configure detects that mm is perfect and disables debug flags?

Maybe 'mm' ignores CFLAGS?? I've no idea how mm's set up is.

                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"