httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: EXTRA_CFLAGS
Date Wed, 03 May 2000 12:35:42 GMT
> The concept of "EXTRA_*" isn't enabled yet... I was still unsure
> whether the default action should be to append command-line settings
> of, for example, CFLAGS, to that set by hints.m4, or simply to
> use the command-line ones _instead_ of what hints.m4 says (which
> is how it currently works).
>
> I can see both arguments. It's easy to change, or implement
> EXTRA_*. We'll see which makes the most sense and is more
> obvious to the casual user... I'm leaning towards EXTRA_*
> at present, but I still not sure :)

I modified hints.m4 to ADDTO CFLAGS, and I set CFLAGS=-g outside of
configure and -U_NO_PROTO got added inside of configure.  But when APR
was configured, -U_NO_PROTO got added again and I ended up with "-g
-U_NO_PROTO -U_NO_PROTO" for APR.

The double -U_NO_PROTO made me think there should be a different way.

By the way...  mm is being built with the double -U_NO_PROTO but no
-g, whereas APR is being build with double -U_NOPROTO + -g :)  Maybe
mm configure detects that mm is perfect and disables debug flags?