httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr hints.m4 aclocal.m4
Date Wed, 03 May 2000 01:17:16 GMT
That's all for the fine-tuning phase. There is a lot of fluff
in there, such as the actual -D of the platform names, which
was used in 1.3 for in-code wrappers. For the others, such
as the linking with -lsockets, etc, I think it's best to
remove these once we know that the current autoconf is picking
them up, but only as neeed (just because we have a -lsocket,
for example, doesn't mean we always need to link with it).

The HPUX one will hopefully be tuned soon :) :)

Sascha Schumann wrote:
> >   	o In many cases, this is a straight grab from the 1.3.x
> >   	  tree.
> Can we please cutdown this file to what we *cannot* find out
> using feature checks. 90% of the entries seem to be perfect
> candidates for feature checks (if it is not already covered by a
> feature check).
> There are also some broken entries, like linking always against
> libpthread.
> - Sascha

   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [|]
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"