httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Schumann <sas...@schumann.cx>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/include apr.h.in
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 17:43:33 GMT

> On a system such as OS/390 where sigprocmask() is the correct (and
> only) way to change a thread's signal mask, what is an appropriate
> mechanism to get dexter and mpmt_pthread to call sigprocmask() instead
> of pthread_sigmask()?  I gather that we can't necessarily safely call
> sigprocmask() just because a system has pthreads but doesn't have
> pthread_sigmask()?

Perhaps we need a portability layer for Pthreads implementation
based on draft 4. Jeff, could you check whether OS/390 supports
draft 4 only? These checks should suffice:

PTHREAD_MUTEX_INITIALIZER should not be defined.

pthread_mutexattr_default should be defined.

PTHREAD_ONCE_INIT should not be defined.

pthread_once_init should be defined.

If you can answer yes to all questions, it is a draft 4
implementation.

- Sascha