httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: APR's thread-detection heuristics
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 15:54:20 GMT
Sascha Schumann wrote:

> I want to remove some complexity from the current implementation
> (read rewrite it).
>
> The current "Checking for Threads" should also be moved before
> the library checks, because the results can and will change, if
> threads are enabled (i.e. you cannot find pthread.h on OpenBSD
> without -pthread).

I've been playing around with a platforms.m4 include file that
using config.guess to grok the OS type, and do things like set CC/LIBS/
etc... was we currently do with 1.3.x. The rub is that we're looking
at at least 3 such beasties (for Apache, APR and MM), and IMO it's ugly
to have to adjust 3 seperate files when tuning one platform. Sooo
I'm thinking about simply exporting them, but that's not going to work
totally as well I'm thinking.

One thing I'd like is for APR's configure to have a '--with-apache'
tag, that allows it to use Apache's header files and .m4 files when
it makes sense. Ideas? Comments?

                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"