httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Schumann <sas...@schumann.cx>
Subject Re: APR's thread-detection heuristics
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 04:06:58 GMT
On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 08:59:16PM -0400, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> The start of this work is done already.  It is already possible to say
> --enable or --disable threads.  If we ever get another thread
> implementation, then we will need to add it to the list.  What exactly do
> you want to change?

I want to remove some complexity from the current implementation
(read rewrite it).

The current "Checking for Threads" should also be moved before
the library checks, because the results can and will change, if
threads are enabled (i.e. you cannot find pthread.h on OpenBSD
without -pthread).

- Sascha