httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Schumann <sas...@schumann.cx>
Subject APR's thread-detection heuristics
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 03:52:58 GMT
Hi,

what do you think about giving APR users (like Apache) the
ability to specify exactly what for thread implementations (if at
all) they want?

The default is 'best'. This means we choose whatever the system
can give us. Currently this is:

1. POSIX threads
2. No threads

If ac_cv_enable_threads is set to 'yes', we understand this as an
requirement to provide threads. The configuration stops, if no
thread implementation is found.

If ac_cv_enable_threads is set to any other value, we
interprete it as a reference to either a specific thread
implementation (i.e. "pthread") or to no threads ("no").

- Sascha