httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "jlwpc1" <jlw...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 23:34:21 GMT

From: William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@lnd.com>

> I'd just like to see it fixed for Win95 only - if we cannot
> determine a server name, with a BIG WARNING that the server
> name cannot be determined, defaulting to local access only.

+1

This is okay for  Windows Win9x especially when there is no active Internet connection and
no server name is found!

Most knowledgeable people would not use Win9x for Internet usage but if they did they would
also know how to correct this issue.  :)

Get the Win9x beginners users up and running, but also still tell all - in the docs!

JLW