httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject Win32 services 2.0 (hearing from one corner)
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 02:59:26 GMT

Ok, it's not perfect (maybe it is but I'd never know it :,)

If anyone with cvs access will create copies (with history)
of the existing files I've listed below... I'll put it in the
tree as an experimental implementation for a week or so...

all in apache-2.0/src, of course...

modules/mpm/winnt/winnt.h  to  modules/mpm/winnt/mpm_winnt.h
modules/mpm/winnt/winnt.c  to  modules/mpm/winnt/mpm_winnt.c
os/win32/registry.c  to  modules/mpm/winnt/registry.c
os/win32/service.c  to  modules/mpm/winnt/service.c
main/http_main.c to modules/mpm/winnt/http_main.c

I'll apply the initial patches to those modules.

Since the http_main must be clobered of the #ifndef around
ap_initialize() and the actual apache_main() name... I'd
like to toss out this parallel for a time for people to
play with it.  I promise it will be deleted from it's temp
home in modules/mpm/winnt, and the patches merged live when
appropriate.

If we like, we keep.  If we hate, we delete.  No damage and
we retain all the history :-)

Acceptable?