httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject [PROPOSED] linkage spec names, final binding vote
Date Sat, 27 May 2000 23:27:06 GMT

1) APR library functions should be
   prefixed by APR_ linkage names.

   I'm +1 as this stands.

2) Apache server function linkage tags should be
   prefixed by AP_ instead of API_

   I'm +1, and would be happy to let Greg grep this.

3) All lib_VAR_EXPORT tags should become lib_EXPORT_VAR.

   I'm +1, but someone else can grep it if we want it :-)

4) lib_EXPORT() and lib_EXPORT_NONSTD() are just fine.

   I'm +1.  And will fix those next week that were transposed,
   such as va_arg arguments that aren't really variable stack
   args and can be _EXPORT().  Likewise where we missed
   fn(arg, ...) I'll fix those to EXPORT_NONSTD().

5) Eliminate the semantic distinction CORE_EXPORT/CORE_VAR_EXPORT
   that doesn't affect execution.

   I'm +0 and couldn't care.

I will come up with something on the MODULES_ issue later.

No more changes on this scale from me unless it's consensus.

Bill