httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject RE: Platform Specific MPM Design Questions
Date Sat, 27 May 2000 05:42:14 GMT

You are absolutely right... although my mind was on startup and services.
> If suggesting an OS feature that might ( keyword might ) meet your
> needs for a number of things isn't a 'Platform Specific
> design considertion' then I apologize.
> Why don't you change the subject to...
> 'How do we solve the NT startup thing?'

Actually... if I have more startup issues, I will.  That patch will
arive by the afternoon.  The changes to the linkage required to yank
http_main into the Apache.exe, all by itself, has been it's own
nightmare.  (Unwind many changes to make reasonably single-issue
patches, then rewind each layer.  My brain is already hurting.)

So this thread certainly still is Platform Specific MPM Design...

and if you have specific areas in the nt mpm we can improve, they
are welcome!  Please keep one thing in mind, however.  Most of this
code is migrating to APR so that a minimal number of parallel code
paths develop.  (Or when they do... they accomplish the same goal
in two entirely different ways.)  Yes, NT will be a different beast,
and I don't know that we will ever get our entire model into APR
<efficiently>.  But your thoughts on fibers and unix behavior sound

View raw message