httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: Review then commit.
Date Sat, 27 May 2000 22:08:52 GMT

Consider me appropriately and offically chastened.

Actually, I'd passed on patches long before becoming a committer.
I am not competent in autoconf and makefile configs to do anything
more than add or remove a module... so I'm advocating killing the
ap library package, not trying to do so myself.

Unless that happens, they are seperate packages.  If you want
examples of the (nearly) right way to do linkage macros, just look
at our new pcre package.  It's already there.  This is what I was
trying to communicate months ago to get mod_info working.  I felt
we had acceptance.

VAR_EXPORT <-> EXPORT_VAR is gratuitous, and I'm backing it out.

If anyone moves ap_hooks.c into src/main, I'm backing out the
hook arg, although they will gain explict API_EXPORT tags.

> > And alphas don't have to be stable :-)

WinNT wouldn't have rolled clean, without a number of the
smaller patches, that's for certain.

> Apache 2.0 Alpha's NEED to become stable now.
>
> > > For right now, I would like to call off the next alpha,
> and straighten out
> > > the code that went in last night (I believe two or three
> showstoppers were
> > > introduced, but I am still checking, and then I will
> update STATUS), and
> > > after that is done, roll our next alpha.
> >
> > Seems fine.
>
> That's two, do I hear a third?

Since the NT service patch isn't in, and I'd like it to be,
then yes, third.  Of course I have a voice, not a vote :-)
And frankly, it shouldn't have to wait on a single platform.

I'd actually like to see a page served from 95, but I'm certain
that won't happen till alpha 5.