httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_access.cmod_alias.c mod_asis.c mod_auth.c mod_auth_anon.c mod_auth_digest.cmod_autoindex.c mod_cern_meta.c mod_cgi.c mod_cgid.c mod_dir.c mod_echo.cmod_env.c mod_expires.c mod_file_cache.c mod_headers.c
Date Sat, 27 May 2000 21:52:04 GMT

AP_EXPORT?  No, it's a seperate library, ergo seperate linkage spec.

VAR_EXPORT <-> EXPORT_VAR?  Either way you want to have it, I'm hearing
three negatives here, so I'm reversing out *this aspect*, within the next
1/2 hour.

> >     I will be happy to revert the inclusion of ap_config.h from
> >     httpd.h if this bothers anyone.  More individual modules need
> >     to be patched if we do so.
>
> There was a reason that this was changed originally.  I don't remember
> what it was, but I suggest looking back at the archives.

I'll search my CD for the comments.  Any idea on the timetable of that
discussion (the year would be a good start).

> >     This patch also moves the following data from http_main
> to http_config:
> >
> >       const char *ap_server_argv0;
> >       const char *ap_server_root;
> >       ap_array_header_t *ap_server_pre_read_config;
> >       ap_array_header_t *ap_server_post_read_config;
> >       ap_array_header_t *ap_server_config_defines;
>
> Why?

Unless someone has STRONG feelings, I am looking to isolate the code
module http_main.c to allow it to link into a seperate binary.  These
args are the only thing in my way.  In this, the Win32 implementation
becomes Apache.exe (of http_main.c alone) dynamically linked to all
the remaining core server code.

See the Greg comments on the remaining name changes.