httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/experimental mod_mmap_static.c
Date Thu, 11 May 2000 18:43:23 GMT

Thanks... that's how I broke it :-)

Let me offer why xmltok -does- need to be built seperately, in the
context of makefile.[nt|win]

All makefile projects are set up with the RECURSE=0 flag.  This prevents
absurdly nested builds... for 1.3.x, the build for the modules looks like

ApacheModule*.dsp (12 of them) projects depend on:
  ApacheCore.dsp which depends on:
    ap.dsp
    ApacheOS.dsp
    gen_uri_delims.dsp
    gen_test_char.dsp
    regex.dsp

Ergo, building all ApacheModule*.dsp projects wastes 66 nmakes :-)

The developer studio understands this nonesense, and uses a postal
walk route to figure out what to build, in what order.  We do the
same thing, by hand, in the makefile.win.

Hope that answers the concern

Bill