httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/regex regex.dsp
Date Mon, 01 May 2000 17:03:35 GMT

I hope this is it for a while... the build is now significantly
faster without the superfluous extras.  As I've seen them, I've
also tried to clean up defaults so that clicking 'Reset Project'
will do just that.

If you see it rebuilding without any sane reason, there are two
possibilities.  One is that the project 'depends on' the output
directory, who's timestamp keeps changing as the project is built.
The other possibility is build errors, which I hope I've eliminated.
If you see this behavior in a clean checkout of Apache, please let
me know!

There are probably some more things that could be cleaned up,
but I'll leave it to others for now.  I have too many other things
(internal to Apache and for clients :-) that I need to focus on.

Hope the number or style of patches has offended no one, please
yell if that's not the case.

My next project is to change the library linkage for aprlib.dll,
which means all apr's API_EXPORT's become AP_EXPORTR_ (for export
runtime)... since the attitude seems that AP_ is *our* namespace
prefix, but the core needs to be differentiated from the API.
Don't hold your breath till late this month.

The core will later get AP_EXPORTC_ (same philosophy.)

And I'm on to examine cleaning up ISAPI, since I don't like its
unlimited power to harm, with no controls to clean up and reset.
I'd also like to see inproc/external proc options to prevent
'untrusted' dll's from sitting in our process space.  Looking at
previous mod_*.html docs... I notice the trend is to introduce
potential features as *not yet implemented*, and then implement.
If noone objects, that will happen next week to mod_isapi.html.

Bill