httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/support htpasswd.dsp logresolve.dsprotatelogs.dsp
Date Thu, 18 May 2000 02:57:26 GMT
I'm up to my eyeballs in aligators with the Win95 service port,
so anything I undid would simply be mucked up.  Q's without having
tested your compilation:

Why did you change debugging from /Zi to /ZI?
/ZI is not recognized as compatible with VC5 (although it may be
a case insensitivity by the compiler that lets it slide, it does
mess up the IDE.)

Why did you set the cl /GX- flag, on only a single file?  I have no
objection to toggling the c++ exception handling flag, but we have
no c++ files.  But let's be consistent.

We don't care that you tripped the files to VC6, or set the MTS /o flag
from nul to "nul", that the !MESSAGEs are single line, or that the new
option AllowPerConfigDependencies is set to False (-never- true!!!)

I guess I'm really not clear here why you committed this entire list...
nothing of value changed except the exclusion of a single "misc.h",
which could have been changed in a text editor.

Of all your changes, only the /ZI flag was verboten.  Please revert
back to /Zi for the # ADD [BASE] CPP lines.  Short of that, none of
the .dsp changes you commited should have harmed anything.