httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject RE: BUFF, IOL, Chunking, and Unicode in 2.0 (long)
Date Wed, 03 May 2000 15:58:35 GMT

One thought on this issue;  I may be wrong, but libi18n's licensing seems
like it can become a problem for some platforms.  Can we consider using

What sort of support would we find within IBM to deploy Apache 2.0 using
that alternative?  Can the licensing issues be resolved?

I'm observing that while Win32 will convert between installed codepages
through Unicode, this is a highly sub-optimal soution.  I don't believe
there is any efficient native Win32 code, and it is blistfully unaware
of the code page names.

The other major issue, within libi18N and others, is the reliance within
apache on textual codepage labels.  Integer tokens are well documented by
IANA, why not use those?

View raw message