httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: request_rec change inside ifdef APACHE_XLATE (?)
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 13:14:47 GMT

Agreed to your point in this case.  But taking the example of a set of
flags that have many instances (ergo - need memory conservation), can't
we assume any compiler worth it's salt is playing a machine optimized
bit flag game that is most appropriate to that cpu?

Sometimes ya just gotta presume that the compiler knows its cpu better
than we (cross platform app) would.