httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject IOL - ap_sendX ap_recvX ap_transmitfile sematics?
Date Thu, 04 May 2000 19:15:42 GMT
I've been walking in and out from http_protocol thru IOL all the way down
to apr's sendrecv.c, and I'm confused about the state of things...

It's a particular headache on win32, where I'm writing the transmitfile
support for some winsocks that don't offer transmit file.  The issue
here is that support for transmitfile is a runtime dependency... so I'm
working up an ap_sendfile_emul() call for Win32.

What's the primary argument against emulating the entire IOL suite
under all platforms... i.e. everyone offers ap_transmitfile, ap_readv, etc,
but they are emulations on those platforms that don't support them?

And, I guess the big question is, what does the IOL indirection buy us over
direct calls to the apr?

Bill