httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject FW: Alpha-3 Make (was Hold off on commits for about a half-hour please.)
Date Mon, 01 May 2000 15:27:24 GMT
Ryan,

  I see that the make files seem to offer no great issues
between 5.0 and 6.0 - I believe either will be fine for
distribution.

  However, there were some pretty big holes... it seems
not every .mak file was packaged (aprlibdll was included,
while aprlib - the compilation of the individual sources,
was ommitted).

  I have the attached make files from that iteration.
Could we post them up as apache-2.0a3-win-makefiles.zip
for users who require them to build from?

  Thanks for the efforts, and the alpha rollout, and putting
up with your flood of email.  Why not set up an account
announce-reply@apache.org, with an autoresponder to indicate
that this is not an active mail account, and pointing the
users to unsubscribe options that are available?

  I can see the ping-pong might become obnoxious (is there
a way to detect and quit replying?), but this
could eliminate the hassle for all Foundation projects.

Bill