httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSED] linkage spec names, final binding vote
Date Tue, 30 May 2000 11:20:59 GMT

Wait... you are willing to argue we need the macros for importing
functions and data?  And that they should serve no purpose when
compiling the shared dll?  Then you are right, my friend, that they
have no effect on -export- _performance_ (that I'm aware of.)

So the macros are there for linking -to- the library, and do nothing
whilst compiling it?  This argument becomes truly silliness :-)

If they are there for importing... why don't you want to get
the whole job done in one whack?