httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/mpm/winnt winnt.c
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 17:44:15 GMT

You were warned :-)

The key issues for Win95 (to assure everyone parsed them)

A) We cannot load in 95 if we have a static link to CancelIo
   from the kernel32 api library.  The one liner fixes that,
   but frankly, it stinks.  Dup the code instead, or export
   the ap_load_dll_func?  I would rather do as I suggested
   in the short term.

B) TransmitFile is not guarenteed to be implemented on -any-
   Win32 platform, it's up to the winsock author to implement,
   and at that it's an optional feature.  It doesn't work with
   my Win95 winsock2.  (It's harmless to have a static link,
   however.)

C) TransmitFile is plain stupid if the winsock author toggled
   the TDI_PROVIDER_INFO.ServiceFlags member bit flag
   TDI_SERVICE_INTERNAL_BUFFERING.  This is because the file
   will be buffered, not streamed from file to port.

D) We have two tests to decide which iol we will use in Win32
   (with/without sendfile).  B) is easy, it returns a not
   implemented error.  The second is a pain.  We should do
   this all once, at startup, and use that decision.

That's all...  I'm working on the invocation/service issues myself.