httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: 1.3.13 - Complete some Win32 PRs???
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:49:36 GMT
On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Greg Stein wrote:
> If they are attachments, then *PLEASE* make sure that your mailer tags
> them as text/plain. OtherBill has posted a number of patches which are
> marked as application/x-octet-stream. PINE won't view those buggers, so
> the bar for review becomes "too high".

I agree completely with the statement that they should be attached
as text/plain, but here is a little pine trick to view text regardless of
marked content type:

In the attachment listing choose the pipe command "|" and
pipe the attachment to "cat" which will show it in the internal pager.
You may need to "enable-pipe-command" in the pine options screen.

--
Joshua Slive
slive@finance.commerce.ubc.ca