httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/shmem/unix/mm aclocal.m4
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2000 17:54:41 GMT

This was my original argument, plus MM isn't portable to non unix
platforms.  It doesn't suport names shared memory which is what Windows
requires.  Other people argued that we shouldn't be re-creating work that
has already been done for us.  I'm on your side Jim, I dislike having a
requirement on outside projects.

Ryan

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >

> > Since Ralf just announced this this morning (at least that's when I saw
> > the note), I'll be importing MM 1.1 tomorrow morning sometime.
> >

> It seems to me, although I could be dead wrong, that APR is using
> 'mm' (or is it 'MM') simply to determine things we already know,
> from 1.3.x, and provide a nice interface. Is that right?
>
> Is it possible to rip that out of 1.3.x?
>
> My ONLY concern, and it's not MM/mm specific, is having to keep
> up-to-date with various 3rd party packages that we rely on. At
> the very least, it muddies the CVS logs :)   *duck* :) :)
> --
>    Jim Jagielski   [|]   jim@jaguNET.com   [|]   http://www.jaguNET.com/
>                 "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"

406 29th St.