httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Mixture of signals and pipe_of_death
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2000 12:24:05 GMT

I thoroughly dislike the current shutdown/restart process.  We have two
different paths to shutdown or restart the server.  The first is to send a
character over a pipe, which tells the child processes to gracefully
restart or shutdown.  The second is to send a signal to the child
processes to tell them to ungracefully shutdown or restart.

I would really like to see us come up with one method for killing child
processes either gracefully or non-gracefully.  I'll be working on this in
the next few days/weeks.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131