httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: minor pollution
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:54:36 GMT

> Yah... we can't hold a3 for every little thing. Release it. Release again.
> And again.
>
> And hey: so what if you typo? That can happen at any time. So what if we
> release a broken alpha? Feedback says "hey. that's broken." All right.
> Fine. Fix it and release two days later. *shrug*
>
> Mind set, people.

You're missing one thing Greg, time.  It takes a morning to release an
alpha.  Between checking that the code compiles on a couple of platforms,
and actually building the tarball, and writing the announcement.  I don't
want to release an alpha every three days, because that wastes my time.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131