httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject RE: Config tree code finished.
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2000 13:04:42 GMT
On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> > Sorry if I misunderstand... the whole purpose of mod_perl's
> > <perl> sections
> > is to feed configuration information back into Apache, so I
> > don't think the
> > raw text should be included in a node of the tree, rather the
> > result of
> > mod_perl's parsing of the text should be fed back to the tree:
>
> My humble apologies... I misunderstood
>
> And I concur with Ryan... we want to save the 'source' of the
> config so that a mod_info could unwind it later, rather than
> wiping out the source and replacing it with the result text.

Unfortunately, then we disagree.  I want the resultant config code.  The
perl code is just there so that mod_perl can actually get to it when it
wants to interpret it.

Mod_info doesn't want to see the perl code, it wants to see the result
config code.  We only save the perl code until it can be replaced.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131