httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Include paths & shared APR modules
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:02:10 GMT

> I hacked on the Apache 2.0 tree on the plane, implementing VPATH
> support, so that you can build outside of the source tree.
>
> One major pain was the INCLUDES hack in APR. Is there any reason
> why the INCLUDES macro is not set in a central location?

How would you set the INCLUDES macro in a central location?  Each part of
APR has to INCLUDE different directories.  We could move the individual
header files to a common directory, but that would just be a real PITA for
developers.

If you can provide a patch, I'll look at it, but I personally don't see a
good way to set the INCLUDES directory once in APR.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131