httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Changing the doc format for APR.
Date Sun, 16 Apr 2000 01:46:50 GMT

I am changing the way docs are written for APR functions.  I have already
made all the necessary changes for the current docs, and I am about to
commit.  I have also changed the docs for how to document new functions.

The reason for the doc change, is that the current doc format doesn't do
us any good.  The docs are all there, but nobody can get to them, because
there is no script.  When I sat down today to fix this, I had two options:

1) write the script
2) use somebody else's script.

Option 2 is obviously better, because I'm lazy, as are about 99% of the
rest of the people on this list.

I chose perldoc, because it is easy, the scripts are already written, and
it is proven.  Plus, we already pretty much require Apache developers to
have prel installed (to use apxs).  Javadoc doesn't work with anything but
Java code, according to the FAQ.

As a part of the commit, I am also changing all the code to say pool
instead of context.  This includes comment changes, and some variable name
changes.  I expect to finish the variable name changes soon.  :-)

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message