httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: apr_config.h is a private header...
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2000 18:04:45 GMT
On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 12:56:33PM -0400, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > I'll be fixing this, but I am wondering what people would think of
> > renaming apr_config.h to apr_private.h.  This should re-inforce the idea
> > that apr_config.h should never be included outside of private APR C files,
> > because it is not fully namespace protected.
>
> It'd be better to move private include files out of the include
> directory. I'd like to do this with Apache as well.

We actually used to have a separate directory for private header files in
APR.  The fact is that with APR, there is only one private header file and
it shouldn't be copied over in the install procedure.  Moving that one
file to its own directory just causes the Makefiles to get bigger because
we have to add an include directive for every Makefile.  I ended up
disliking this setup when I had it that way originally.

Although it probably makes sense for Apache, where there are multiple
private headers.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131